Hearing loss can affect your social life
Untreated hearing loss can cause you to withdraw from socializing because conversations take so much more mental energy. Left untreated, hearing loss can lead to feelings of isolation and depression.
See if some of these hearing loss related worries apply to you or if you suspect that they apply to a person close to you:
• I am often insecure when I am out as I don’t know where sounds are coming from
• I often feel depressed and alone
• I often get tired and need to rest after work
• I have problems remembering
• I have problems recognizing speech, especially in gatherings with other people
• My hearing loss has decreased my quality of life
• My hearing loss not only affects me, it also affects my family
It is important to seek help if you experience signs of hearing loss in yourself or a loved one.
Learn more in our support for relatives